Sunday 16 October 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - 16 October 2011

Reading blogs is like peeling an onion, only it doesn't make me cry, it just makes me smile and excited.  I found Scavenger Hunt Sunday via Leaves in Bloom through another blog.  I will learn a lot about photography by following Ashley's wonderful blog.

This is my first attempt at Scavenger Hunt and I have really enjoyed it.  To be honest some are recent photos I have taken because I wanted to join in today.   The next Scavenger Hunt will be new photos taken in the next week. 

1.   Abstract

I like Picassa/Picnik for editing and I have turned a photo taken at Denmans, Nr Chichester into an abstract.



2. Round

These wonderful buildings are just opposite my office and have just been painted.  The contrast between the newly decorated flats and the blue sky behind were amazing.


3. Fire 

It just has to be the setting sun, which is like fire in the sky. 



4. Seeing faces in strange places

This wooden sculpture is at Symonds Yat, in the Wye Valley.  It is only when you look at it carefully you can see the face. 


 5.  Stars

This one puzzled me for a bit but as soon as I saw the photo of Echinacea and their star like flower I knew this was the photo to use.






15 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful...and it took me a while to find the face but very rewarding once I found it. Looking forward to seeing your next set of scavenger hunt photos.

Tamar SB said...

Great set! Love the round and faces the best!!

Unknown said...

Thank you both for stopping by and leaving such nice comments.

Kmcblackburn said...

I just love your analogy of blogs and peeling onions...that is just soooo true isn't it!?!? And I'm so glad I found yours thru Scavenger Hunt. Warning this Scavenger Hunt thing gets ADDICTIVE! haha. I love your entire set...but really like your round prompt. Great job.

Kathy

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful - I really like your round shot.

leanne can blog said...

I love those round buildings, so nicely captured! & that is a beautiful sunset.

SarahinSC said...

I was going to use the same flower for my star too, but went with another one instead. Love your round and fire shots!

Unknown said...

Great set! Loved Round and Fire!

Sara said...

Love your fire shot, so beautiful and those round buildings are wonderful.

scrapinbabygal said...

I completely agree about blogs and onions! :) Awesome set of photos!! Really love those cool buildings and the face!

Unknown said...

Those round houses might be the coolest things I have seen ever. WOW! What a fun place that would be to live : ) LOVE them!

Andrea Dawn said...

These are all great . . . but I think the abstract is my favourite. So glad you came to play.

Traci Michele said...

Love them! Come link up with your photo posts at Capturing Beauty at Ordinary Inspirations on Mondays? Pretty please? Traci

Jaymi said...

love that you used a sunset for fire! perfect!

ShonEjai said...

Wow! Excellent photos! Well done

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...